Monday, July 8, 2013

A little bit of Liberty

A few weeks ago I happened to be browsing through Facebook just as a post popped up by Ali of Very Berry Fabrics looking for people who might be interested in doing a project with some of her gorgeous Liberty fabrics. I reckon I had my email written and sent off to her within about 2 minutes of the post appearing! I've read so much about Liberty fabrics, and admired them in so many projects  but have never worked with them. So I couldn't wait to see if she chose me as one of the lucky people to receive some fabric. I may have done a big happy dance when she emailed me back to say I was!!


And last week this beautiful fabric arrived through my letterbox - 16 little 6" squares of the most beautiful soft Liberty.  Ali picked a fabulous muted palette of greys and blues. I'm going to pair them with some pure white fabrics and I can't wait to get started because I reckon they will be just beautiful against the white. I'm going to be making a cushion (pillow) cover with them. Last year I made this drunkard's path mini-quilt in a swap that I was very sad to send away - I just loved it. I always thought it would make a lovely cushion cover, and that's what I plan to do. I may play around with the layout a little - Drunkard's Path blocks are so versatile - but we'll see what happens when I start piecing!



I will be really interested to see what it is like working with these Liberty fabrics. They are so, SO soft and so fine. I imagine that a larger piece of fabric would have wonderful drape for dressmaking. (Note to self: next dress for the littlest lady may need to be a Liberty one). Ali included a little card with lots of information and tips for sewing with Liberty lawns which was great, as I hadn't realised how fine it was before I got it.

If you haven't already checked out Ali's shop on Folksy, you should pop over and have a look. She has beautiful fabrics and little charm bundles and is so lovely to deal with. She also has a Facebook page where she posts special offers etc so make sure you follow her there too!

5 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with - can't say I am brave enough for Liberty curves yet!

Very Berry Handmade said...

I hope Hadley isn't scaring you with her talk of Liberty curves....! You will be fine. Can't wait to see the finished article!

Cindy said...

You're going to rock that Liberty with DP curves. Go get 'em!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I can't wait to see it!

Katy Cameron said...

can't wait to see what you come up with, and you'll rock the Liberty curves!